Updated: July 2019
Oh, how I love a great themed Facebook Party!
It is cohesive, professional, and guaranteed to get a lot of attention from your guests.
I have a list of best tips for conducting Facebook Parties and to expand on those tips, I have created a list of Facebook Party Themes that all consultants in the direct sales world can use.
Classic Facebook Party Themes
There will always be the classic Facebook party themes that you can use as your “go-to” for planning an online Facebook party.
Create a fun interactive Spa Day Party or Battle of the Hostesses party.
If you are short on hostesses, create a mystery hostess party where anyone of your guests has the chance to win the hostess rewards.
Think of events in your personal life that you can shape into a party.
Is it your birthday?
Are you planning an awesome vacation?
Are you celebrating your anniversary with your direct sales business?
Whatever it is, spin it into a fun Facebook party and your guests will be asking for more!
- Spa Day
- Battle of the Hostesses
- Mystery Hostess
- Anniversary / Birthday Event
- Sip & Sparkle
- Treat Yo’Self
Seasonal Facebook Party Themes
My favorite way to schedule Facebook parties is by season.
Once a quarter, hold a themed party to introduce new products and seasonal items. This will ensure direct sales success all year round and keep your customers interested in your awesome products.
Some examples might be, a 4th of July Party, Back to School, Trick or Treat, and even a Gifts for All Occasions Party.
Create cohesive seasonally themed graphics and engagement posts. Have guests share their favorite memories or what the season means to them.
- Valentine’s Day
- Lucky Leprauchan Event
- “Hoppy” Easter
- All About Mom
- Dads & Donuts
- Sounds of Summer
- Backyard BBQ
- Stars & Stripes
- Trick or Treat
- A Season of Giving
- Holiday Gift Event
Trendy Facebook Party Themes
This is a little tricky, but hear me out. It is possible to create a theme based on a trending topic.
Think award shows, Unicron drinks, even #leftshark (remember him)?
A great Facebook theme centers around a single topic and has a mixture of fun engagement posts with information sprinkled in about your products and company.
The key is to think beyond your product and company.
Tie your product to the trending topic and your guests will be floored by your creativity. Think about whatever is blowing up your Facebook feed at the moment and turn it into a fun, Epic Facebook party. Your community will go crazy about it!
- Emmys, Golden Globes, Oscars
- What Color is the Dress?
- Makeup Trends
- Jewelry Trends
Movies & Books Facebook Party Themes
So many of our direct sales products are influenced by movies and characters these days.
Capitalize on this and create an entire Facebook theme party! Wonder Woman, Disney, Minions, whatever it may be.
Reading a favorite book right now?
Transform the story or characters and take your guests on a journey through your Facebook party. The more interesting and engaging your party theme is, the better the chance the guests will see the party all the way through to the end.
- Harry Potter
- Star Wars
- Dr. Seuss
- Hollywood Movie Night
Facebook party themes are great to spark your creativity and coupled with some great Facebook party training you will be sure to have increased sales and future hostesses for future parties.
Popular National Day Facebook Party Themes
It seems like every day is a reason to celebrate something. Ice cream, coffee, even flamingos! Here are some popular national day holidays that would easily translate into a fun Facebook party.
- January 4th: National Trivia Day
- January 19th: National Popcorn Day
- January 31st: National Backward Day
- February 9th: National Pizza Day
- February 20th: National Love Your Pet Day
- March 3rd: National I Want You To Be Happy Day
- March 14th: National Pi Day
- March 23rd: National Chip & Dip Day
- April 7th: National Beer Day
- April 9th: National Unicorn Day
- April 28th: National Superhero Day
- May 4th: National Star Wars Day
- May 13th: National Apple Pie Day
- May 24th: National Scavenger Hunt Day
- June 1st: National Nail Polish Day
- June 10th: National Iced Tea Day
- June 23rd: National Pink Day
- July 13th: National French Fry Day
- July 21st: National Junk Food Day
- August 1st: National Girlfriends Day
- August 10th: National Lazy Day
- September 6th: National Read A Book Day
- September 19th: National Talk Like A Pirate Day
- September 29th: National Coffee Day
- October 4th: National Taco Day
- October 22nd: National Color Day
- November 18th: National Princess Day
- November 26th: National Cake Day
- December 4th: National Cookie Day
- December 30th: National Bacon Day
Now that you have a ton of theme ideas, let’s visit other Facebook party questions that you have.
How Does a Facebook Party Work?
There are essentially 2 ways to run a Facebook party.
- From a Facebook Group
- From a Facebook Page
In both instances, you can set up an event and from there, members of your group or those who follow your page can be invited to the Facebook party event.
Facebook parties usually take place when the guests can all be online at the same date and time. This provides you with a captive audience online in which to share your business and products.
How do you Host a Facebook Party?
Some direct sales companies offer what is called hostess rewards.
Hostesses of parties can be eligible to receive:
- Free products
- Free credit towards future purchase
- Free shipping
- % off retail value of products
- Free or % off direct sales starter kit
If you are interested in hosting, be sure to reach out to a consultant of the company you wish to host a party for. Ask for the hostess rewards details to start.
Here is an example of hostess rewards from Origami Owl:
How to Create a Facebook Party
As a direct sales consultant, you want to maximize your time as much as possible.
Spending 3+ hours creating and scheduling a Facebook party and receiving very little in sales is not a good use of your time.
Best advice is to create Facebook party templates that can easily be edited and updated to fit the theme of the party you are creating.
Steps to create a Facebook party:
- Choose an overall party theme
- Create 10-15 graphics that tie in with your business, your products, and other purposeful information
- Schedule the images and text all within Facebook for free
- Invite the guests personally
- Confirm attendence the day before/day of
- Comment and respond to questions throughout the length of the party
- Follow-up with guests the next day
Facebook parties are a great way to meet new customers and increase your monthly sales.
Read Next: Social Media Tips for Direct Sellers
- 5 Reasons to Try Facebook Parties for your Direct Sales Business - April 15, 2020
- 50 Blog Topic Ideas for Direct Sellers and Home Based Business Owners - April 5, 2019
- How to Create an Automated Email Sequence in Mailchimp - March 31, 2019