Oh, I how love blogging. There is always something new to learn and share with you!
I’ve been working a lot on refining my blogging strategy and with that comes updates to my email marketing strategy and subscriber list.
I talked a little here about why email subscribers are so important. Unlike your social media followers, you own your email list 100%.
But to get subscribers signing up for your list, it helps to create an easy and pretty landing page. Scroll down to read the step by step list!
Landing Page Ideas
Landing pages are simple standalone web pages that are easy to share with your followers. They also make it easy to include in your email campaigns and your website.
As a blogger, you may consider having a landing page for these reasons:
- Email Course Sign Up
- Subscriber List Sign Up
- Freebie or Downloadable for Subscribers
- Highlight Products From Your Online Store
You can create a landing page for just about anything.
If you are looking to increase your email subscribers, a landing page is one of the best ways to go to increase sign up conversions.
Create a Landing Page in Mailchimp Step by Step
With MailChimp, they make it simple and easy to create a pretty landing page for your website.
Follow these steps and you will be on your way!
- Log in or sign up for MailChimp if you have not already done so (free up to 2K subscribers)
- Navigate to the Campaigns Page and click Campaigns
- Click Create a Landing Page
- Now you can choose from a Signup Page or Product Page template
- Type a name for your Landing Page (this name will not be visible to your visitors)
- Click Select A List or Select A Store depending on which type of landing page you want
- Click Begin
- Design: this is where your creativity comes into play. MailChimp offers design tips for some inspiration, but play around and create a landing page that matches your overall branding
- Click Preview to see your landing page progress and when you are ready, click Save & Continue
- Now Click Add Page Title & URL. You have the option to Edit the URL to keep with the theme of your website and overall branding
- Click Publish to make it live!
Ways To Promote Your Landing Page
Now that you have a pretty landing page, it’s time to share it with the world!
Sharing your landing page URL on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest are great ways to start sharing. Include your landing page within each blog post and use a call to action to direct readers to click to sign up.
Having an in-person party or event? Have the people you meet navigate to your landing page to sign up for your email list with 1 click!
The great part about creating a landing page in MailChimp is that it can always be edited, adjusted, and you have access to all the analytics as well
Create multiple landing pages and see which one converts better to really increase your traffic. Don’t overthink things, to see what a landing page looks like, here is one for readers to sign up for a 5-Day Pinterest Challenge.
I’d love to see your landing page creations and ideas. Leave a comment below with yours and follow me on Pinterest for more blogging tips!
- 50 Blog Topic Ideas for Direct Sellers and Home Based Business Owners - April 5, 2019
- How to Create an Automated Email Sequence in Mailchimp - March 31, 2019
- 75 Direct Sales Tasks to Grow Your Business - March 3, 2019