Native Shopping Ads
Most bloggers begin their journey by writing. Pure and simple writing.
Blog post after blog post is published. Then the realization happens.
Wait, I can actually make money from blogging? YES! Yes you can!
There are many ways to earn money from blogging. Ads and affiliate marketing are two of the top ways to earn income rom your blog.
When you research affiliate marketing, most bloggers begin with Amazon Affiliates.
Amazon makes it really easy to sign up and once accepted, you now have the ability to create affiliate links for anything you can think of.
In addition to linking out to products, you can create your own custom Amazon ads for your website.
If you want 100% control of the ad products that are shown on your site, native shopping ads from Amazon is the way to go.
Creating Native Shopping Ads
Once you are accepted into the Amazon Affiliate program, sign in and create your first ad.
You’ll see there are 3 types of native shopping ads:
- Recommendation Ads: Allows Amazon to automatically recommend the best-matched products based on your web page content and your visitors.
- Search Ads: Allows you to drive recommendations based on a search phrase determined by you or your visitor.
- Custom Ads: Allows you to specify the products from Amazon.com that you want to promote
I personally use the custom ads feature. This allows me to choose products that tie into the post I am writing or targeting the reader I am writing for.
Watch below to see how easy it is to create your own custom shopping ads in Amazon.
Custom Ad Tips
Choosing products that go along with your blog post or are products that are of high interest to your readers will result in a higher affiliate conversion rate.
When you go to create your custom shopping ad, ask yourself these questions:
- What products are the readers of this blog post searching for?
- Which products do my readers need and use on a daily basis?
- What products are mentioned in this blog post?
Critically thinking about the products your readers are looking for will help your overall monthly affiliate income from Amazon.
This will infinitely help your overall passive income strategy as well.
What to Read Next: Blogging Tips for Direct Sellers
- How Does GDPR Affect Social Media Marketing? - October 12, 2022
- 5 Reasons to Try Facebook Parties for your Direct Sales Business - April 15, 2020
- 50 Blog Topic Ideas for Direct Sellers and Home Based Business Owners - April 5, 2019